Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Saturday, 31 October 2009

Scarborough Break from 1st to 3rd September 2009

In need of a break after our son's wedding, my wife and I decided to get away to Scarborough to pamper ourselves a little. We managed a bit of birdwatching, stopping off at Blacktoft Sands on the way up there, and making quick visits to the fantastic Bempton Cliffs and Flamborough Head.
.
Green Sandpiper - Blacktoft Sands
.
Black-tailed Godwit - Blacktoft Sands
.
Tree Sparrow - Bempton cliffs
.
Spotted Flycatcher - Bempton Cliffs
.
Whinchat (female) - Bempton Cliffs
.
Fulmar - Bempton Cliffs
.
Gannet - Bempton Cliffs
.

Jackdaw - Bempton Cliffs
.
Common Whitethroat - Flamborough Head
.

Stonechat (juvenile) - Flamborough Head
.

Turnstone - Scarborough
.

Herring Gull - Scarborough
.

Great Crested Grebe - Scarborough
.
Common Pheasant (black form) - North Yorkshire Moors
.

Sandwich Tern - Sandsend, near Whitby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm pleased to report that the anonymous spam problem seems to be solvable without using word verification. I'm now just using the 'Registered Users - includes OpenID' option in Blogger settings, and I'm not getting any spam - touch wood! I've also not received any contact from people saying that they are no longer able to make comments.