Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Tuesday 12 October 2021

TITUS JOHN WHITE

It is with great sadness that I have to report the death of Titus John White.

John's wife, Veg, phoned me this evening to tell me that John had suffered a fatal stroke on the night of Sunday 10th October.

John has had Barn Owls nesting in his garden since he built two fabulous Barn Owl boxes side-by-side. Titus John White was not his real name but was suggested by me when he wanted to start a blog, but felt the need to withhold his identity to protect his beloved Barn Owls from unwanted (and illegal) disturbance. Titus White - Barn Owl (Tito alba).

John was one of the kindest persons I have ever met, and had a wonderful sense of humour. We had been pals for many years with us first meeting through one of John's friends suggesting that John contact me because of my passion for owls.We subsequently met up on a weekly basis to spend the day seeking birds and other wildlife to photograph, and later shared shifts together as volunteers on the Rutland Osprey Project. Lately, our meetings had become less frequent, but we still exchanged telephone chats from time to time.

I will miss John greatly, and my thoughts and best wishes are with Veg, and the rest of John's family at this difficult time.

God bless you John - may you fly peacefully on silent wings.

20 comments:

  1. This is very sad news, Richard. I have fond memories of our visit to his house to see his Barn Owls, and the cup of tea Miriam I shared with John and Veg in their garden. John and I kept up with each other via our blogs and his dedication to his owls was unsurpassed. If possible please convey our sympathy to Veg. David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to be speaking with Veg at the end of the week, John, and will be sure to pass on your message.

      Delete
  2. Hello Richard, I am so dreadfully sorry for the loss of your friend, and send you my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad news ... the owl man has passed away ... great job he did, we will miss John and his owls ...
    my condolences to his family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass your kind message to John's wife when I speak to her, Frank, hopefully at the end of the week.

      Delete
  4. It is indeed very sad news Richard. I expect many of us will miss his beautiful barn owls. Please pass my condolences to his family.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We came to know John through your blog and consider him a friend. The fellowship developed between the two of you over owls will forever be a precious memory.

    Gini and I pray for his family and all who knew him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is indeed verry sad news Richard. Please pass my condolences to his family.
    It was always a joy to read his blog about the Barn Owls and the Ospreys. Afterwards it was also nice to discover we had some connection in the family. He will be missed.
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roos. He will be greatly missed. I hope that his Barn Owls will be looked after now that he has gone. I am more concerned, however, about his wife.

      Delete
  7. I am feeling sad, he was truly a great man, RIP John White. I love his owls, and the Red Kites, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He will be greatly missed, Bob. He was dedicated to his owls and passionate about Ospreys and Red Kites too.

      Delete
  8. I only knew John by name, seeing him in comments on blogs like yours Richard. I was saddened to hear of his passing. It is painfully obvious you will miss him greatly, but with precious memories....R.I.P.John.

    Kind Regards. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will miss him, Pete. I have many memories, often amusing. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete
  9. I am sure I left a comment here...... Just want to say sorry, always sad to lose a great friend. Memories are great but it sad you cannot still build on them.
    Thoughts are with, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane - you are partly mistaken, as your kind expressions of sympathy were in your comment on my previous blog post, rather than here.

      Best wishes - - - Richard

      Delete
  10. Hi Richard,
    I read this evening in a comment on John's blog and I was really shocked!!! John was always so friendly and helped where he could. I enjoyed his beautiful stories and pictures of the barn owls and the other vorls including the red kite.
    Horrible that he suffered a massive stroke and did not survive it. I think of his wife and his family who have to get through this difficult time.
    May John rest in peace.

    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those kind words, Helma. I fear the worst for John's wife. I have not heard from her for more than a month, when she said that she didn't want phone calls from people.

      Best wishes - - - Richard

      Delete

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.