Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Friday 20 June 2008

Lillafüred (Hungary) on 5th June 2008

Our overnight stop was at the amazing Hotel Palota in Lillafüred. In the morning I got up early so that I could explore a little. There was a lake, and a waterfall beside the hotel which was in a forested valley. As scenic as the surrounds were, the most productive area bird-wise was the hotel’s garden. Here there were Black Redstarts, a Nuthatch and, just as I thought I should go into breakfast, a Hawfinch flew down near me and slowly started making its way towards me. Unfortunately it stayed in the shade, although the majority of the garden was in sunshine, and my camera was set up for the sunshine. I was so mesmerised by my first sighting of this bird and also certain that it would fly before I took a shot that I just fired away without increasing the ISO (which is what was needed). The results, therefore are a little disappointing.


. .
.
Black Redstart


Nuthatch



Hawfinch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.