Notes on Use of This Blog



1. With posts prior to 5th February, 2013 it is possible to see better quality enlarged images by clicking on the image. When finished, just click outside the enlarged image to return to the blog post.
With posts from 5th February, 2013 there is no advantage in doing this as the images are to the same size and definition.

2. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

3. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

4. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Sunday, 7 March 2010

A New Little Owl Site on 7th March, 2010

As it was beautifully sunny, and I had started to think that it would be a good idea, for my records, to take some pics of my little owl sites themselves, rather than the birds at the sites, I set off on this mission. My first port of call was my site No.1 at Staunton Harold (no bird seen). I could not resist stopping to look at a tree that I'd identified as a likely one in a different part of the estate, and yes, I'd got my eighth LO site! I can't get near to it until I get permission to go through the electric fence - something that I intend to try and do tomorrow. On the way into the estate I took a few shots of the pair of Shelduck that have been resident this winter. I visited three other LO sites, but only one had a bird visible.

Little Owl at my site No.8


Shelduck (drake on left, female on right)

2 comments:

  1. How do you do it Richard, you will have to let me in on your secret, very well done mate on your eighth site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a good mentor - that's how !!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm pleased to report that the anonymous spam problem seems to be solvable without using word verification. I'm now just using the 'Registered Users - includes OpenID' option in Blogger settings, and I'm not getting any spam - touch wood! I've also not received any contact from people saying that they are no longer able to make comments.