Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Sunday 8 March 2009

Coleshill on 24th February & 1st March, 2009

Prompted by reports of two good birds within a short distance of each other, I headed off to Coleshill on a bright-looking Tuesday. It took me a while to find the location for the Black Redstart, but once there, the bird was directly in front of me when I arrived. The light started to go, and so I decided to head off to find the Firecrest before it was too late - guided by a local birder who knew exactly where to go. After a brief false alarm with a goldcrest at close quarters, we found the Firecrest almost immediately. The light was terrible, however, and so the photos were grim.
.
Black Redstart
.
Firecrest
.
Goldcrest
.
The following Saturday was a beautifully bright day, so I went back. However, after more than two hours, round a time when a local birder said that "it's always here at this time", I decided to give up, thinking that it had probably moved on (all the goldcrests seemed to have disappeared also), and take another look at the Black Redstart.
.
Black Redstart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.