Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Sunday 12 May 2024

Very Disappointing - May,2024

My last blog post was posted two days before my gallbladder removal by keyhole surgery on Friday 26th April. I came home the same day, feeling on top of the world. The next day (Saturday), I was in contact with a few people, expressing my euphoria at the way I was feeling. I had not realised that I'd been so loaded with painkillers, that I was not feeling the true effect. Sadly, by Sunday, the truth set in.

Since then, my condition has steadily deteriorated. I am having real problems sleeping because of the pain, and my appetite is so lacking that I am only managing to eat and drink about a tenth of my usual intake. I am steadily getting weaker and my brain is foggy for most of the time. I have written this, in stages, during my occasional periods of relative clarity. 

After a middle of the night ambulance visit and two five hour visits to hospital, I have now been diagnosed with 'post cholecystemic syndrome'. There is, it seems, not much that they can do about it, and they reckon that, instead of the expected "week or two" to recover to a comfortable position,  it will now be "months".

This is, as I'm sure you can imagine, extremely disappointing news. We are now experiencing excellent weather and the dragonfly season is well under way- and I shall probably be missing much of it. It's a struggle just to take photos in our garden.

However, the main reason for this post is to, regretfully, inform you that I find it difficult to do much on my computer, and what time I can spend is mainly taken up with domestic necessities,  so it might be some time before I feel able to visit your blogs and comment on them. Please rest assured that I will be back as soon as I can.
 
I will try and keep matters up to date via the 'comments' area on this blog post, and if you want to leave a message, please feel free to do so - it's no great difficulty for me to read emails and press the 'publish' button. Who knows? - I might even find the ability to leave a brief reply! 

In the meantime, please take good care of yourselves and Nature  - - - Richard 


 

1 comment:

  1. I keep checking in here and I am hoping that no news is good news.

    ReplyDelete

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.