Notes on Use of This Blog



1. With posts prior to 5th February, 2013 it is possible to see better quality enlarged images by clicking on the image. When finished, just click outside the enlarged image to return to the blog post.
With posts from 5th February, 2013 there is no advantage in doing this as the images are to the same size and definition.

2. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

3. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

4. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Thursday, 5 November 2009

Common Scoter at Albert Village on 12th October 2009

Albert Village, Leicestershire, is only about three miles down the road from me. Although the man-made lake has only been there for a a couple of years or so, it is already well established as a good place to see a wide range of gulls. Not having a particular interest in gulls, I don't often go there, but I had to go to see the Common Scoter. There were no other birdwatchers there when I arrived, but I quickly located it. It remained at great distance for a long while, and I had given up hope of getting anything better than a 'just about' record shot, and started to leave. However, I stopped to talk to a newly arrived birder, and whilst we were talking the bird came somewhat closer, and the sun shone brightly!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm pleased to report that the anonymous spam problem seems to be solvable without using word verification. I'm now just using the 'Registered Users - includes OpenID' option in Blogger settings, and I'm not getting any spam - touch wood! I've also not received any contact from people saying that they are no longer able to make comments.