Notes on Use of This Blog



1. With posts prior to 5th February, 2013 it is possible to see better quality enlarged images by clicking on the image. When finished, just click outside the enlarged image to return to the blog post.
With posts from 5th February, 2013 there is no advantage in doing this as the images are to the same size and definition.

2. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

3. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

4. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Thursday, 5 November 2009

Steppe Grey Shrike in Nottinghamshire on 8th October 2009

The advent of a Steppe Grey Shrike at Lound Gravel Pits in Nottinghamshire was something I had to witness, having missed the Lincolnshire bird at the end of last year. It was great to see this bird feeding well. I took a number of shots, but decided to leave when one photographer started getting a bit too close for my liking - next day the bird was gone.
.

2 comments:

  1. See this species is my dream... you were very lucky ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was extremely lucky! I'm pleased to see that you found this old post - and are the first (and probably last) to comment on it !!

      Delete

I'm pleased to report that the anonymous spam problem seems to be solvable without using word verification. I'm now just using the 'Registered Users - includes OpenID' option in Blogger settings, and I'm not getting any spam - touch wood! I've also not received any contact from people saying that they are no longer able to make comments.