Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Wednesday 22 December 2010

Just an Owl and a Buzzard - on 21st December, 2010

Having returned from Hungary late on Sunday night, and then spent all day at home, recovering from over-indulgence, on Monday, yesterday was a day for catching up locally. I had to take the car into Loughborough for some major work first, and so just before mid-day I set off in the courtesy car. My first port of call was one of the Little Owl sites on my local patch. I nearly missed her as she wasn't in any place I'd seen her before. However, I eventually spotted her (in full view) in a low window opening. She obligingly allowed me to photograph her from relatively close quarters.


Little Owl - my site No.02

After this, I visited three of my other Little Owl sites (which involved about two hours walking across fields in the snow), and a 'potential' LO site (another half hour walk on footpaths) but no more owls were seen. However, near Kirkby Mallory, this Buzzard obligingly sat there whilst I took some shots from my car window.


Common Buzzard

I did see plenty of other birds (mainly Redwing and Fieldfare) but no useful photos were taken. As it started getting dark, I debated whether to stay out and try and find some more owls, but I'd got myself well and truly chilled, and so decided that it was time to go home for a warming tipple!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.