Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Wednesday 5 September 2012

Good News/Bad News - on 1st September, 2012

On 1st September I made mention on this blog of a juvenile Great Spotted Woodpecker that was visiting our garden on a regular basis, but that I'd only ever managed to get an image of its underside - unless it was on the fat ball feeder. A couple of hours later I was in our conservatory, fortunately with camera at my side, when the woodpecker arrived. This time I did manage to get an image which shows more than its underside.


Great Spotted Woodpecker (juvenile female) - our garden
The bad news is that I've not seen this bird since then. As it was visiting several times a day, I'm just hoping that it has moved on to somewhere where it can find 'natural' food a-plenty, and that it hasn't succumbed to one of the local Sparrowhawks.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Marc. Just had a look at your own latest post. Wonderful stuff and puts my efforts to shame!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photographs, birds are very photogenic. I am greeting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, and for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. Stunners,super captures Richard.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John. I'm glad to have got these before she left.

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed Richard. The GSWP is one of my top five birds really, I think that they are so special. Hope he comes back - my little juvenile is sometimes not seen for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christian. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but it's been five days now.

      Delete
  5. Fantasticas fotografias de este pajaro carpintero.Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.