Pages

Notes on Use of This Blog


1. I have a policy that I always reply to comments on my blog, even if it's just to say thank you.

2. Please don't submit comments that include your own web address. For obvious reasons, they will not be published.

3. I'm now on Twitter - @RichardPegler1

Thursday 1 April 2010

Staunton Harold, on 31st March, 2010

Suffering withdrawal symptoms, brought on by the recent spell of foul weather, I decided to go out for an hour or two - in spite of the strong cold wind and dull grey skies. I started by visiting my two Little Owl sites on the Staunton Harold estate, and was not surprised that the birds were not showing. Something was necessary to drive away the blues, so I went up to the Round Car Park, above the reservoir. This has become very popular with the casual bird-watching public, and the wall round the car park is totally covered in seed at all times. This makes it virtually impossible to set up natural-looking shots, but it does ensure a good supply of birds. The Tree Sparrow population seems to go from strength to strength. A Reed Bunting did a short display of a very strange posture! A marauding Sprawk (unsuccessful) selfishly perched with its back to me and with a thick branch between him and me - one day I might get a half-decent shot of a Sprawk! Not the best of interludes photographically, but it did help keep the spirits alive!


Chaffinch (male)

Reed Bunting (male)

Sparrowhawk (male)



Tree Sparrow

Greenfinch (male)

1 comment:

Please Note: Blogger seems to be making it difficult for some (many?) people to leave comments on blogs, and also making it difficult for the recipient of comments to detect that a comment has been left. If you have any difficulties leaving a comment on the blog, please feel free to email me on richard@peglermail.co.uk. However, if you are solely trying to promote your own blog or business by leaving a link in your comment, it will be blocked. If anyone wants to find you as a result of a comment that you have left, they can do so by looking at your profile.

Please, Blogger, get this mess sorted out.